Created on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 11:34
Abisko Research Station. Photo by Margareta Johansson.
Date and Venue
A WP4 workshop as well as a Young Researcher workshop for PAGE21 and ADAPT PhD students and Post Doctorates are planned on 21 and 22 September respectively.
Consortium members who wish to attend the General Assembly are requested to fill in the registration form
(scroll down for the registration form). There is no registration fee. All costs (such as travel, accommodation) need to be covered from each partner's project budget.
The number of a maximum of 3 participants per partner shall not be exceeded due to limited space at the station (In case you plan to participate with more participants, please contact the Project Management Team at AWI). To encourage participation in the young researcher meeting, the night of accommodation prior to the meeting will be covered by the project.
In addition to the registration form, please send email to Leena or Heike with following information:
- Your flight details - dates and exact times both to and from Kiruna (If you have not yet booked your flights, please do so asap!)
- Whether you wish to participate in the Kärkevagge excursion on Sunday Sept 22 (full day excursion)
- Whether you wish to participate in the mire excursion on Tuesday Sept 24 (half day excursion)
- Those who registered early, please let us also know via email with whom you wish to share a room
Deadline for registration was Thursday, 15 August, 2013. If you haven´t registered yet, please do so asap!
Confirmation of registration
When the registration form has been submitted, the registrant will receive written confirmation by e-mail. This confirmation letter should be presented at the GA registration desk upon arrival in order to receive General Assembly materials.
- Saturday 21 September 2013
- WP4 workshop – Greenhouse gas and carbon balance of the PAGE21 research sites
- Sunday 22 September 2013
- Young Researcher Workshop (for PhD students and Post Doctorates from PAGE21 and ADAPT). Please note that the costs for one extra night to participate in the workshop will be covered from the PAGE21-Budget.
- Half day indoors activities, including remote sensing/modeling exercises and discussions
- Half day excursion, including fieldwork exercises
- Full day Excursion to Kärkevagge, a unique stone valley with many ongoing Periglacial processes (for the whole consortium apart from the young researchers that can do the excursion on Wednesday instead). More specific details and an excursion guide will be provided closer to the event
- Monday 23 September 2013
- PAGE21 General Assembly, Day I, Meeting Starting Time: 9:00
- Tuesday 24 September 2013
- PAGE21 General Assembly, Day II (3 hours excursion to the mire)
- Wednesday 25 September 2013
- Full day excursion to Kärkevagge for the young researchers / Departure
- Thursday 26 September 2013
- INTERACT Station Managers' Forum
- Friday 27 September
- INTERACT Station Managers´Forum
Further information on the meeting will be provided to all participants in late summer. A detailed agenda and the final lists of participants will be provided to all participants via mail at the beginning of September.